Sunday, February 19, 2012

That So-Called Religion...

Before starting, I just want you to know that I have no intentions of insulting your beliefs nor ideas, if you don't agree with my thoughts, you are welcome to stop reading, and if you continue reading I'm glad you think the way I do...

I strongly believe that religion is a form of government that manipulates people's fear to have money in return. It started simple and significant and it has evolved into a way of life where some people spent their lives praying for things that might not even come true. Grandma I hope you never find out how to view my blog, but I just have to say this... I respect your beliefs and I expect the same in return, but my entire life you have encouraged me into having a religious life where I should read the bible, pray, and leave my destiny in the hands of "God." Well, let me tell you that destiny is not in the hands of God, but in our own hands! We build our future from the moment in which we have the use of knowledge. If I want to accomplish something, I strive  myself with dedication and courage to accomplish it, I don't just simply leave it in "the hands of God."

When Candide asks the old man about their religion, he blushes and tells him the way they interpret it. The old man states "We never pray, we have nothing to ask of God, since he has given us everything we need. But we thank him unceasingly." (79) I'm so glad there's people who think like me even from hundreds of years ago... God gave us the life, but is he in charge of building our future? Hell no, we are the ones who build our own future! There wouldn't be so many people lamenting themselves if they thought this way, it is hard to accomplish your dreams in a world like this, but nothing is impossible if you believe in your self, instead of believing in religion. I'm not saying that you shouldn't believe in God, I just believe that is equally important to believe in yourself.

I live in a family of free thought, where I've being told that I'm free to believe what I want. Well, let me tell you that all of my thoughts and beliefs are reflected on the ones of my parents. The greatest influence on our life is the one of our parents, no matter if good or bad. We decide to follow their beliefs or not, however they have a great impact on our lives. For example, my mom had a very religious mother that even belonged to the Opus Dei. Her entire childhood, she was told to follow the beliefs and principles of Catholicism, and you want to know what is the result of that? A very resentful woman that thinks totally the opposite thing. It is important to respect others beliefs and opinion, no matter how radical they are, even though I strongly believe it is important to express your personal opinion, just how I did in these previous paragraphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment